Terms and Conditions
The usage of this site is provided by Erebus UK Ltd. and subject to the following Terms and Conditions. By using this website you are constituting acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
You agree to use this site only for lawful purposes and in a manner that does not infringe the rights or inhibit the use and enjoyment of the site by any third party.
This site and the information contained within it, including images, textual content, logos or any other content are provided "as is" without any representation or endorsement made and without warranty of any kind whether express or implied. While Erebus UK Ltd. aims to ensure all information contained within this site is accurate, it does not warrant that is it error free and will not be held liable for any information that is not correct or contains errors.
In no event will Erebus UK Ltd. be liable for any damages including, without limitation, indirect or consequential damages, or any damages what so ever arising from the use or in connection with such use or loss of use of the site.
Material on this site may not be stolen, copied, reproduced, republished, downloaded, posted, broadcast or transmitted in any way, either digitally or otherwise, without the permission of Erebus UK Ltd.
Acceptance of terms and conditions
Use of this site constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions, which take effect on the date of which you first use the site. These Terms and Conditions do not affect your statutory rights.
Erebus UK Ltd. reserves the right to change these Terms and Conditions at any time, your continued use of this site continues your acceptance of these Terms and Conditions, even after modification. Please check back regularly for any modifications.
These terms and conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. Any disputes shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales. Erebus UK Ltd. is Registered in England and Wales 6558262. Our registered address is Unit 4, Hereford Trade Park, Holmer Road, Hereford, HR4 9SG to which official correspondence only may be sent. If these Terms and Conditions are not accepted in full, the use of this site must be terminated immediately.
Erebus UK Ltd Terms and conditions
Training course bookings
1. Course bookings
Training course bookings may be made by e-mail (email@example.com), via the Erebus UK Ltd website, letter or telephone.
Telephone bookings must be confirmed in writing upon request.
- If you place a booking within 31 days of the course start date you will be required to pay at the time of booking.
- If your booking is made more than 31 days before the course starts, you should pay in full within 14 days of booking, or no later than 31 days prior to the course start date, whichever is the sooner.
- If payment is not received by the due date the booking will be cancelled automatically and the course place will be made available to other students.
- Bespoke “closed” courses are subject to our set fee policy.
Should circumstances mean that you need to transfer to another Erebus UK Ltd course then the following charges will apply dependent on notice given:
- More than four weeks prior to course start date - first transfer no charge.
- Two-four weeks’ notice given - 25% of course fee.
- Less than two weeks notice given - 50% of course fee.
NB. Free transfer applies to the first transfer only.
Subsequent transfers incur a minimum charge 25% of the course fee, rising to 50%, dependent on notice as shown above.
All transfers must be taken within a period of six months from the original course date.
Should circumstances mean that you have to cancel your course and are unable to transfer your booking to another date at the time of cancellation then the following charges will apply:
- More than four weeks prior to course - No charge
- Two-four weeks prior to course - 50% of total course fee
- Less than two weeks prior to course - Full fee
- Closed courses - More than six weeks notice – 25% of total course fee
- Closed courses – Three to six weeks notice – 50% of total course fee
- Closed courses – Less than 3 weeks notice – Full fee
NB. Cancellation or transfer must be made in writing and received by Erebus UK Ltd by the due date.
The CME courses have a maximum attendance of 6 students.
If you do not attend a course, and have not previously informed us, the full course fee remains payable.
7. Late arrivals/missed sessions
If you arrive late for a course or are absent from any session, we reserve the right to refuse to accept you for training if we feel you will gain insufficient knowledge or skill in the time remaining. In all such cases, the full course fee remains payable.
8. Unforeseen circumstances
On occasion, unforeseen circumstances may require us to cancel a course. In such circumstances you will be given as much notice as possible and either a free transfer to another course date or a full refund of fees paid.
All course fees are subject to the current rate of VAT (valid exemptions apply).
10. Guidelines for students and employers
It is the employer’s responsibility to ensure that students are free from any condition which would affect their capability to undertake their chosen course, and that they have the aptitude to cope with an intensive course of study / practical application. We welcome students with disabilities but it remains their employer’s responsibility to ensure that they are appropriately supported in their workplace.
Equipment - Terms and Conditions of Sale
These Terms and Conditions govern the supply of Goods sold by Erebus UK Ltd (Registered No. 6558262) of Unit 4, Hereford Trade Park, Holmer Road, Hereford, HR4 9SG (“seller”, “we”, “us”, “our”) to the customer (“buyer”, “you”) and constitute the entire and only agreement between us in relation thereto.
- The “Buyer” means the Account Holder or person who buys or agrees to buy Goods from the Seller.
- The “Seller” means Erebus UK Ltd.
- “Condition” means the conditions of sale set out in this document and any special conditions agreed in writing by the Seller.
- “Goods” means the goods described in the confirmed order
- “Confirmed Order” means an order for the Goods as confirmed by the Seller under clause 3 thus forming a “Contract”
- “Due Date” means the date referred to in Clause 5.
- The “Terms and Conditions” do not affect your statutory rights as a consumer.
- By placing an order with us you accept our Terms and Conditions of Sale.
3. Order and Acceptance.
- The Seller will provide the Buyer with a written quotation for the Goods. Any order made by the Buyer against such a quotation constitutes an offer by the Buyer to purchase the goods.
- The Buyer will be responsible to the Seller for the accuracy of any information contained in its order.
- No order submitted by the Buyer shall be deemed to be accepted by the Seller unless and until confirmed in writing by the Seller.
- The price is exclusive of Value Added Tax (where applicable).
- The price is exclusive of delivery charges. If the Buyer requires delivery of the goods the Seller reserves the right to add to the price the cost of any packaging, carriage and/or insurance.
- The price is exclusive of any duties, imposts and levies.
- Unless otherwise agreed in writing, payment shall be made in pounds sterling.
5. Terms of Payment.
Unless agreed otherwise in writing between the Seller and the Buyer:-
- For all orders exceeding £15,000 a 50% Deposit from the Buyer is required. This not only secures the order, but also enables Erebus UK Ltd to confirm the estimated delivery schedule. Please note that production will not commence until we receive cleared funds. The remaining 50% must be paid for in full prior to despatch.
- For all orders below £15,000 a 25% Deposit is required from the Buyer to secure production with the remaining 75% due for payment within 30 days of invoice date.
- Payments can be made with a Debit Card, Credit Card (A 2% Surcharge Applies), BACS Payment to Erebus UK Ltd Sort Code 40-24-11 Account Number 21835203.
- Time for Payment(s) shall be of the essence. If the Buyer fails to make any payment on the Due Date then, without prejudice to any other right or remedy available to the Seller, and without incurring any liability for any loss or damage to the Buyer, the Seller shall be entitled to:-
- Cancel any Confirmed Order and/or suspend any further deliveries of goods to the Buyer;
- Appropriate any payment made by the Buyer to such of the Goods (or goods supplied under any other contract between the Seller and the Buyer) as the Seller may think fit; and
- Charge the Buyer interest both before and after Judgment on the amount unpaid at the rate of 6% per annum above the base rate of the HSBC Bank PLC from time to time or the Statutory rate applicable under the Late Payments of Commercial Debts (Interest) Act 1998 (whichever is the greater), in either case such interest to accrue on a daily basis from the Due Date until the date of actual payment.
6. Warranty and liability.
- The Seller warrants that the Goods will at the time of delivery correspond to the description given by the Seller.
- Subject to the conditions of this clause and in clause 10 the Company warrants that the Goods will at their time of acceptance under clause 9, remain free from defects in material and workmanship for the period of 12 months.
- The above warranty is given by the Seller subject to the following conditions:-
- a) The Seller shall be under no liability in respect of any defect arising from wilful damage, negligence, failure to follow the Seller’s instructions, misuse, alteration to the Goods (including by the removal of any Guard or Cover) or repair of the Goods in each case by the Buyer, its employees or agents;
- b) That it does not extend to parts, materials or equipment not provided by the Seller, in respect of which the Buyer shall only be entitled to the benefit of any warranty or guarantee given by the relevant manufacturer.
- c) The Seller shall be under no liability if full payment for any of the Goods has not been made by the Due Date
- Any claim made by the Purchaser which is based on any defect in quality or condition of the Goods shall be notified to the Company in writing 7 days from the date on which the defect or failure became apparent. Where such a claim is notified to the Company, the Company shall be given the opportunity of remedying the defect or failure and supplying (where necessary) replacement parts and completion of such remedial work shall constitute fulfilment of the Company’s obligations under the contract. Remedial work and replacement parts will be provided free of charge, provide the Purchaser at its own cost returns to the Company the relevant Goods.
- We will incur no liability for any errors in the order confirmation not corrected by you.
- Whilst every reasonable effort shall be made to keep to a delivery date, time of delivery shall not be of the essence and the Seller shall not be liable for any losses, costs, damages or expenses incurred by the Buyer or any other person or company arising directly or indirectly out of any failure to meet any estimated delivery date.
8. Ownership and Risk.
- The risk in Goods shall pass to the Buyer upon delivery of the Goods or upon the Goods being appropriated to the Buyer but kept at the Sellers premises at the Buyers request.
- Notwithstanding delivery and the passing of risk in the Goods or any other provision of these Terms and Conditions of Sale the property in the Goods shall not pass to the Buyer until the Seller has received in cash or cleared funds:-
- a) Payment in full of the price of the Goods; and
- b) Payment in full for all other goods agreed to be sold by the Seller to the Buyer for which payment is then due or accruing due.
- Until such time as the property in the Goods passes to the Buyer
- a) The Buyer shall hold the Goods as the Company’s fiduciary agent and bailee and shall keep the Goods properly stored and insured for the Seller’s benefit and identified as the Seller’s property; and
- b) The Seller shall be entitled at any time to require the Buyer to deliver up the Goods to the Seller and if the Buyer fails to do so then the Seller, its employees and/or agents may forthwith enter upon any premises of the Buyer or any third party where so the Goods are stored and repossess the Goods; and
- c) The buyer shall afford the Seller inspection of any documents retaining to such Goods for the purpose of tracing them.
- The Buyer shall not be entitled to pledge or purport to pledge or in any way charge or purport to charge by way of security for any indebtedness any of the Goods which remain the property of the Seller.
9. Acceptance of Goods.
- The Buyer shall be responsible for inspecting the Goods:
- a) Where they are collected by the Buyer (or it’s agent), from the Seller’s premises, at the time of collection; or
- b) Where they are delivered to the Buyer’s premises, within 3 working days of delivery and shall at the relevant time notify the Seller of the Buyer’s consideration that the Goods to be in any way damaged, or unsatisfactory or otherwise not in conformity with the contract. In the absence of such notification the Buyer shall be deemed to have accepted the Goods.
10. Acknowledgments by the Buyer.
- Without prejudice to clause 6 the Buyer acknowledges by placing an order for the Goods:
- a) That if the Goods are incorrectly used the Goods may cause serious danger to persons and property and that the Buyer accepts responsibility for the proper installation of the Goods; and
- b) The Buyer must use the Goods in a safe manner and comply with all health and safety laws and regulations when instructing its employees or agents in the use of the Goods; and
- c) That it has read these terms and conditions and that it considers these terms and conditions are reasonable
- Any cancellation of an order must be within the 7 Days of the verbal or written order being made.
- Providing the cancellation is received prior to the commencement of production of the Goods a full refund of your deposit will be given. Once we have commenced production the right to cancel is no longer applicable.
- Cancellation must be made in writing and sent to Erebus UK Ltd.’s head office, (Unit 4, Hereford Trade Park, Holmer Road, Hereford, HR4 9SG) recorded delivery or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- It is essential that the written cancellation reaches us within 7 days of the verbal or written order being made or the right to your deposit is forfeited.
- If you have a complaint about our service or any goods you purchased from Erebus UK Ltd please contact us immediately. You will be contacted as soon as possible.
- All complaints will be dealt with in a fair and confidential manner.
- Force Majeure:- we shall not be held liable for failure to perform our obligations under this agreement due to Act of God, explosion, flood, tempest, fire or accident, war or threat of war, sabotage, insurrection, civil disturbance, acts, restrictions, regulations, byelaws, prohibitions or measures of any kind on the parts of any governmental, parliamentary or local authority, import or export embargoes, strikes, lockouts or any other industrial actions or trade disputes (whether involving employees of the Company of a Third Party, difficulty in obtaining the labour, fuel, parts or Goods from their manufacturer.
- Intellectual Property: - unless explicitly stated otherwise in the quotation, we own all rights, interest and title in bespoke work produced including intellectual property rights.
- Validity:- If any provision of these terms and conditions is held by a court or other competent authority to be invalid or unenforceable in whole or in part the validity of the other provisions of these terms and conditions and the remainder of the terms and conditions in question shall not be affected and shall remain in full force.
- Governing Law: - The Law of England and Wales governs this contract and the parties submit to its exclusive jurisdiction.
Any claim made under this guarantee should be made directly to Erebus UK Ltd, the claim itself should be in a letter, giving a brief explanation of the problem which has led to the claim, the letter should then be sent together with your final invoice as proof of purchase.